A bit of history… In January 2017 Volunteer Victoria launched the 150 Reasons Youth Project. This project was a series of 12 community based events designed and delivered by a steering committee comprised of youth between the ages of 15-29.
And now. The 150 Reasons Youth Project has now concluded but we have taken what we have learned from this inspiring experience to form the Volunteer Victoria Youth Engagement Team. There is no cost to join this fun & rewarding program and we are actively inviting youth between the ages of 15-21 to join as we look to help you: develop new skills, increase your network in community, work collaboratively with a wide range of partners, and engage as a volunteer in a meaningful fashion in community.
What are the requirements to join this Team?
- You are between the ages of 15-29.
- Go through an intake meeting and complete a Criminal Records Check.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of at least 2 community group volunteering events throughout 2018-2019.
- Available to meet on Saturdays at Volunteer Victoria (usually 10am-Noon) when required to plan events. This may change as event dates approach.
- A helpful and positive attitude.
What do youth get out of the experience?
- Volunteer management training.
- Career related training & skill development.
- Volunteer hours to support graduation requirements.
- Leadership & event planning opportunities.
- Networking & meeting new friends.
- References upon the successful conclusion of your participation.
- Enjoyment & amazing memories of group volunteering in community.
If you would like to get involved please contact Emily Donald, or Elyse Kornhauser Volunteer Victoria Youth Programmers, at 250-386 2269 ext. 28 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com . They would love to hear from you!
Volunteer Victoria would like to acknowledge with gratitude the financial contribution from TELUS, Harbourside Rotary, Hamber Foundation, Victoria Foundation, Provincial Employees PECSF, and the Province of BC Gaming. Their generous support has made the Youth Engagement Team possible.