Sign up for Newsflash to learn about new volunteer positions and activities for youth.
Are you passionate about making a difference in your community during this time but not sure where to start? Are you feeling disconnected during these uncertain times? Maybe you want to give back to the community but you aren’t sure where to start? Maybe you’re a young person between the ages of 15-29 and still want to volunteer during this pandemic? Look no further then, join the Youth 20/20 CAN Victoria team!
We explore a variety of issues in our community. Once the team learns about said issues and we work with community organizations that work to address these challenges. We encourage our team members to get involved in researching and planning activities that they are passionate about, and we also provide training to aid our participants on their community involvement and career journeys. Best of all, there is no cost to join this fun and rewarding program!
So what is required for this program you may be asking yourself?
1. That You are between the ages of 15–29
2. Complete a Criminal Record Check (CRC)
3. Participate in planning, volunteering, and/or training events for an average of 10 hours per month (or more if you’d like!)
4. Available to meet virtually via Zoom to plan events (usually 7pm-8pm)
5. Most of all having a helpful and positive attitude!
And what do you get from joining this team?
- Participants get to engage as a volunteer in a meaningful fashion in the community.
- You also get career and volunteering related training & skill development.
- You will gain leadership and event planning opportunities.
- The team offers a great way to increase your network in the community.
- You get to work collaboratively with a wide range of partners.
- Make new friends with like minded people. Get those Volunteer hours to support graduation requirements for High School.
- Gain references upon the successful conclusion of your participation with our youth team. And best of all, enjoyment and amazing memories of group volunteering in community.
The list goes on and on!
Although COIVD-19 has restricted us from traditional avenues of volunteerism, this has not hindered our team’s enthusiasm and mission from helping our community. New team members will help plan future projects by participating in our weekly zoom meetings, participate in virtual workshops, and conduct COVID-19 protocol activities (i.e social distancing) to help Victoria`s vulnerable populations. Although the pandemic has provided challenges, we are still connected as a team!
If you would like to get involved please contact Emily Donald or Brock Gallagher our Volunteer Victoria Youth Programmers, at 250-386 2269 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com . They would love to hear from you!
Youth Advising & Virtual Presentations
Please contact Emily Donald at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information — or to book a free volunteer advising appointment or to book a virtual school presentation for your career/planning class or community group.
Volunteer Victoria would like to acknowledge with gratitude the financial contribution from TELUS, Harbourside Rotary, Hamber Foundation, Victoria Foundation, Provincial Employees PECSF, and the Province of BC Gaming. Their generous support has made the Youth Engagement Team possible.
To meet with a youth advisor please complete the following enquiry form.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]