Sign up for Newsflash to learn about new volunteer positions and activities for youth.
If you are between the ages of 15-29 Volunteer Victoria can help you:
- Explore how volunteering can be used to your benefit
- Use volunteering to reach your personal, professional, academic and career goals
- Learn more about the non-profit community
- Find (or create) a volunteer position(s)
- Develop your resume and prepare for an interviewNavigate through your volunteer journey
Our goal is to help youth succeed at volunteering and to provide the tools and support they need as they
explore their volunteering options. We can meet with youth one-on-one, in groups, in classrooms, and various community settings.
Please contact Emily Donald at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information — or to book a free volunteer advising appointment or to book a school presentation for your career/planning class or community group.
Volunteer Victoria “Youth Engagement Team”
A bit of history… In January 2017 Volunteer Victoria launched the 150 Reasons Youth Project. This project was a series of 12 community based events designed and delivered by a steering committee comprised of youth between the ages of 15-29.
And now. The 150 Reasons Youth Project has now concluded but we have taken what we have learned from this inspiring experience to form the Volunteer Victoria Youth Engagement Team. There is no cost to join this fun & rewarding program and we are actively inviting youth between the ages of 15-21 to join as we look to help you: develop new skills, increase your network in community, work collaboratively with a wide range of partners, and engage as a volunteer in a meaningful fashion in community.
What are the requirements to join this Team?
- You are between the ages of 15-29.
- Go through an intake meeting and complete a Criminal Records Check.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of at least 2 community group volunteering events throughout 2018-2019.
- Available to meet on Saturdays at Volunteer Victoria (usually 10am-Noon) when required to plan events. This may change as event dates approach.
- A helpful and positive attitude.
What do youth get out of the experience?
- Volunteer management training.
- Career related training & skill development.
- Volunteer hours to support graduation requirements.
- Leadership & event planning opportunities.
- Networking & meeting new friends.
- References upon the successful conclusion of your participation.
- Enjoyment & amazing memories of group volunteering in community.
If you would like to get involved please contact George Colussi, or Cristell Solis Volunteer Victoria Youth Programmers, at 250-386 2269 ext. 28 or e-mail email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org . They would love to hear from you!
Volunteer Victoria would like to acknowledge with gratitude the financial contribution from TELUS, Harbourside Rotary, Hamber Foundation, Victoria Foundation, Provincial Employees PECSF, and the Province of BC Gaming. Their generous support has made the Youth Engagement Team possible.
Project Serve Day
We are excited to be partnering with the University of Victoria again this year for Project Serve Day — which will take place on Saturday September 14 2019.
The goal of Project Serve Day is to connect enthusiastic and energetic UVic students and alumni with community groups who need their help. This will be the first opportunity for many UVic students to get involved in the larger community that surrounds their campus, and we hope it won’t be the last!
Whether students and alumni continue volunteering with the same organization or are motivated to pursue their own interests, Project Serve Day can get them started!
Project Serve Day 2018 was a grand success. Close to 300 youth participated in dozens of community projects and initiatives designed to enhance quality of life in our region. A super day of service, learning, and fun was had by all! Many thanks to the many organizations and youth that participated. Please contact George Colussi at 250-386-2269 for more details on Project Serve Day 2019 and how you can get involved.
To meet with a youth advisor please complete the following enquiry form.