Volunteer Victoria provides engaged learning opportunities in the areas of fund development, volunteer management, communications and outreach, board governance, human resource development and organizational resilience strategies. All of our current offerings are listed here.
- Fund development: workshop topics range from donor relations, developing annual fund development plans, grant writing, acquiring sponsorship, social enterprise development and strategic storytelling.
- Volunteer Management: themes include best practices in volunteer management, including our capstone four-week course on the foundations of volunteer management practices, as well courses on equipping staff to work with volunteers and measuring the return on investments in volunteer programs.
- Communications and Outreach: subjects range from developing strategic social media plans, basics in Twitter and Facebook, media relations and developing impactful presentations.
- Governance: topics range from board governance models, executive director and board relations, developing an engaged board and deconstructing legal responsibilities.
- Human Resource Management: subjects include performance management, building resilient teams, group facilitation and negotiating salaries and benefits packages.
- Organizational Resilience: topics range from strategic planning, succession planning, project management and strategies in program sustainability.
- Coaching Conversations: What is a coaching conversation? It is a conversation that helps to move you forward. It is a conversation that is all about you. A coaching conversation is all about stimulating thinking, growth, and change that lead to action.