Volunteer Victoria is here to help you succeed: We measure our success by your success
Volunteer Victoria plays a critical role in helping charities, non-profits, and community-based organizations deliver on their mandate by providing valued expertise and resources, including:
- Voting rights;
- Access to volunteer recruitment and referral services;
- Access to short-term consultation services;
- Access to fee for service opportunities (i.e. setting up a volunteer management program, program audit or redesign, and/or shared best practices etc.);
- No cost learning and development opportunities exclusively for member agency staff and volunteers;
- Reduced rates for training in all areas of non-profit and volunteer management;
- Free Board Governance Orientation for new board members;
Board Development Training for Member Agencies;
- One-to-One support with the recruitment and referral of volunteers;
- Training and support in the area of volunteer management;
- Inclusion in annual Volunteer Recognition Week Promotions;
- Volunteer opportunities posted in weekly media columns;
- Ability to post your agency events/fundraising announcements in our bi-weekly e-newsletter (E-Link);
- Bursaries to support education in volunteer management;
- Access to an online Grant Database to help research and identify funding opportunities;
- Access to research and resources such as salary scales and sector trends;
- Access to our training room and use of our resource library.
To be eligible for membership in the Greater Victoria Volunteer Society agencies need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a registered non-profit organization, a charitable organization or a publicly-funded institution (e.g. hospitals, schools, museums);
- Have a governing board of directors;
- Accept Volunteer Victoria’s policy statement on human rights and non-discrimination;
- Comply with the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement;
- Agree to designate an individual within your organization to coordinate volunteers;
- Ensure that volunteers do not displace paid staff; and
- Carry sufficient amounts and appropriate types of liability insurance to protect your volunteers.
Volunteer Victoria places the following limitations on requests for volunteers:
- We will not take requests for volunteers for partisan political parties;
- We will not take requests for volunteers that compromise the health, safety or well being of volunteers or the community; and
- We reserve the right, at any time, to refuse a request for volunteers.
While we offer membership to non profit societies and charities, we also offer a wide range of services to for-profit organizations and businesses.
To connect with our membership team please complete the following Enquiry Form.
Thank you for your interest in Volunteer Victoria!