Betsy Agar, BC Sustainability Board Director

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have been on my board for a little over a year and have learned an incredible amount about Board Governance. Now I would like to learn how to do it right. Currently acting as Board Chair, I am under tremendous pressure to hold all of the pieces together and elevate everyone to be successful. I make lots of mistakes, but people are understanding and they recognize we all want the same thing, to make change for the better.

volvicadmin
      Keymaster

Hello Betsy, welcome to the course. We love meeting board members who are curious about their options. I am not sure if tif we can find one type of’right’ but I hope we will explore options and tools to make things easier. Not to mention, it is just nice to know that there are other board members in the same boat.

Cheers, lisa

Anonymous
      Inactive

Its Mike Smyth here. I’m just getting started today as have been sick for a whole week. I sense its difficult to make serious governance mistakes if you really care about the company and the other people who work in senior mgmt and on the board with you. We’re all in this together, integrity/fairness and ethics rank high. thks Mike

Anonymous
      Inactive

Good point Mike, having an investment in a non profit means that we are likely to give it more attention and to care about the outcomes.

Cheers Lisa

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Book an appointment with Personnel Calendar using SetMore