An exciting opportunity exists to join an outstanding staff and volunteer team providing services to 300 non profit agencies and thousands of volunteers in greater victoria. Volunteer victoria is seeking an exceptional individual to join our team as an administrative Coordinator.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Relevant post secondary education or equivalent experience coordinating administrative services for a busy office environment
- Experience coordinating diverse volunteers
- Team player with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy expected. Proficient with Office Suite including Publisher, Constant Contact, WordPress, and database and information management systems
- Familiarity and comfort working with a range of communications and social media tools
- Highly developed organizational skills with ability to organize and complete work independently and effectively, to prioritize tasks, and to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to create cooperative and productive working relationships with non-profit agencies, staff and volunteers
- Enjoy working with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
Permanent full-time position, 35 hrs/wk. Involves occasional evening and weekend commitments. Salary $16.00 pr/hr. Comprehensive benefits package after 3 months. Three weeks annual vacation. Apply to the executive director, firstname.lastname@example.org volunteer victoria, 306 – 620 view street victoria, bc v8w 1j6. Deadline, january 30th, 2014. We sincerely thank all who apply, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
General: Under the general supervision of the Executive Director and working in close cooperation with other team members, coordinate administrative services and office management.
Goals: A) To coordinate administrative services for a busy volunteer centre and provide support to staff/volunteers as designated;
B) To maintain the Resource Centre and provide support / information to those who use it; and
C) To oversee the coordination of Volunteer Victoria’s volunteer program.
OFFICE AND VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT
- Coordinate the VV Volunteer Program – recruit, select, screen, orient, train, schedule, support, and evaluate office volunteers and champion continuous volunteer recognition. Provide day-to-day supervision of office volunteers – delegating tasks and scheduling activities.
- Coordinate administrative and clerical functions including petty cash, filing, photocopying, mailing, banking etc.
- Respond to Agency enquiries, support agencies with volunteer requests, and provide training to member agencies
- Administer contracts – liaise with staff, complete and submit monthly reports, comply with audit needs
- Administer and keep current all information management systems, distribution lists, and shared office resources – vacation calendars, contact lists, booking lists, meeting agendas, appointment lists etc.
- Coordinate special events such as AGM and volunteer recognition
- Manage office supplies inventory and coordinate maintenance of office equipment
- Coordinate IT support
- Process off-line workshop and event registrations, cross reference payments, issue invoices, and maintain training records for audit purposes evaluation, and outcome measurement processes
- Represent VV in the Administrators Network, and help support and further the network’s objectives
- Respond to phone/e-mail/web-based/in-person requests for information about VV or Leadership Victoria, answer enquiries regarding volunteering columns, volunteer opportunities, or advising services, and provide details of specific VV programs, information about community services, or referrals to other agencies
- Schedule appointments, direct enquiries to appropriate staff, volunteers, and subtenants
- Create a welcoming, inclusive, safe, clean, and relevant environment to greet guests
- Open /close office, update voice mail system, process mail etc.
- Maintain and report accurate and timely statistics regarding use of programs and services
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Coordinate workshop space for VV events and paid room usage – set up table and chairs, AV equipment, flip charts, refreshment services etc. and maintain welcoming environments
- Provide marketing support to the Training Program at the direction of the Manager of Training
- Input and collate data from all workshop evaluations
- Report membership changes to the board and respond to and comply with audit needs
- Board Support – Prepare monthly financial reports, manage Minutes of monthly meetings, support board as needed.
Volunteer Victoria is a busy office open Monday to Friday 8:30 to 4:30
35 hrs/wk. Wage $16.00 per hour.
3 weeks (6%) vacation after 1 year. After completion of a satisfactory 3-month probationary period staff are entitled to receive a comprehensive health benefits package. After 1 year RSP is paid at the rate of 4% of annual salary.