Sign up for Newsflash to learn about new volunteer positions and activities for youth.
Welcome to the Youth Volunteer Program!
If you are between the age of 15-29 we can help you:
- Explore how volunteering can be used to your benefit
- Use volunteering to reach your personal, professional, academic goals and more!
- Learn more about the non-profit community
- Find (or create) a volunteer position(s)
- Develop your resume and prepare for interview
- Support you through your volunteer journey
If you work with a group of youth (at a school, employment centre, support group, etc) we can offer:
- Interactive presentations catered to your group/class to enhance learning about volunteering and the non-profit community
- Support in group or class volunteer efforts
- Presentations designed for high-school business classes on the difference between non-profits and for-profits
- Attendance at volunteer/community fairs
- Support to your students in hosting a volunteer/community fair
If you are a member agency we can provide:
- Information regarding youth and emerging leader volunteerism
- Support to strategically invest in youth volunteers
- Creation of volunteer position for youth
We are excited to be partnering with the University of Victoria again this year for Project Serve Day on September 30th, 2017.
The goal of Project Serve Day is to connect enthusiastic and energetic UVic students and alumni with community groups who need their help. This will be the first opportunity for many UVic students to get involved in the larger community that surrounds their campus, and we hope it won’t be the last!
Whether students and alumni continue volunteering with the same organization or are motivated to pursue their own interests, Project Serve Day can get them started!
Finding the Volunteer Position right for you can be difficult, follow these tips to get the most of our Volunteer Opportunities database.
To narrow your results, you can filter by category:
- Position type: Search for a position with the Position Type category.
- Organization: Search for volunteer opportunities offered by a particular non-profit in the Organizations category such as BC SPCA or Habitat for Humanity
- Organization Type: Look for volunteer opportunities in a available sector, such as Arts and Culture or Healthcare
- Age: Find Age appropriate positions under the Other factors category NOTE: You may notice that some positions state 19+ for age range of volunteers, this is not always be the case. If you are really interested in the position, it’s a good idea to inquire about the age range. You can ask either the Youth Team manager, or the volunteer coordinator listed on the posting.
Want to keep up to date with youth volunteer opportunities and activities in Greater Victoria?
Sign up for our bi-weekly newsletter Newsflash!