Sign up for Newsflash to learn about new volunteer positions and activities for youth.
Welcome to the Youth Volunteer Program page!
If you are between the age of 15-29 we can help you:
- Explore how volunteering can be used to your benefit
- Use volunteering to reach your personal, professional, academic goals and more!
- Learn more about the non-profit community
- Find (or create) a volunteer position(s)
- Develop your resume and prepare for interview
- Support you through your volunteer journey
If you work with a group of youth (at a school, employment centre, support group, etc) we can offer:
- Interactive presentations catered to your group/class to enhance learning about volunteering and the non-profit community
- Support in group or class volunteer efforts
- Presentations designed for high-school business classes on the difference between non-profits and for-profits
- Attendance at volunteer/community fairs
- Support to your students in hosting a volunteer/community fair
If you are a member agency we can provide:
- Information regarding youth and emerging leader volunteerism
- Support to strategically invest in youth volunteers
- Creation of volunteer position for youth
The Experience Project: Beyond the Classroom!
Volunteer Victoria is proud to offer The Experience Project: Beyond the Classroom! If you are interested in having a Beyond the Classroom series presented at your school, or anywhere in the community, please contact Mbaka at email@example.com.
In an effort to help youth develop skills, gain confidence and enhance their resume Volunteer Victoria created this FREE program to do just that. Both sessions build on one another, but do have a different focus. The sessions can be given in a time frame that works best for you, and can be combined if there are particular components that would support you best!
Find Your Footing
The non-profit community is one of the largest in Victoria and offers skills and experience for young people, all you have to do is tap into it. Join us as we learn how to interact in professional environments, discover what it means to volunteer strategically and more!
From Interest to Interview
Resumes, Cover Letters, Interviews—it can take a lot to land a job. You already have skills , learn how to show them off and shine professionally! Get interview ready by engaging in mock interviews, learning how to network and strengthening your understanding of the non-profit community.
For more information or to register email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Experience Project is sponsored by Coast Capital Savings!
We really enjoyed partnering with the University of Victoria again last year to put on Project Serve Day this October 1st, 2016.
The goal of Project Serve Day is to connect enthusiastic and energetic UVic students and alumni with community groups who need their help. This will be the first opportunity for many UVic students to get involved in the larger community that surrounds their campus, and we hope it won’t be the last!
Whether students and alumni continue volunteering with the same organization or are motivated to pursue their own interests, Project Serve Day can get them started!
Visit the Search for Volunteer Opportunities page.
- Searching by position type: It is usually easiest to search for a position through “position type” on the right hand side of the page. By clicking on a maximum of three themes, your search results are narrowed down to meet your interests
- Searching by Organization: You can search for volunteer opportunities by a particular non-profit in the Organizations drop down list.
Want to keep up to date with youth volunteer opportunities and activities in Greater Victoria?
Sign up for our bi-weekly newsletter Newsflash!