Whether you are a first time or returning volunteer, someone who wants to build new life or work-place skills, meet new people through volunteering, or you have specialized skills you can search online for a volunteer opportunity or meet with a volunteer advisor.
Volunteer Advisors meet with people one-on-one to help you explore options, learn more about agencies, and identify your favourite volunteering positions. They can help you prepare to apply for a volunteer position and follow-up to make sure you feel supported. Most importantly the advising service is free and you can meet with an advisor as many times as you need to until you find a position that works for you.
Youth Advising Services
If you are between the ages of 15-29 Volunteer Victoria can help you:
- Explore how volunteering can be used to your benefit
- Use volunteering to reach your personal, professional, academic and career goals
- Learn more about the non-profit community
- Find (or create) a volunteer position(s)
- Develop your resume and prepare for an interview
- Navigate through your volunteer journey
Our goal is to help youth succeed at volunteering and to provide the tools and support they need as they explore their volunteering options. We can meet with youth one-on-one, in groups, in classrooms, and various community settings.