June 2022: Volunteer Victoria is pleased to partner with Team 2 from the Business School Venture Capital Class at Royal Roads University. To help these amazing students reach their goal please visit voliure.ca to explore great volunteer appreciation gift ideas.
March 28, 2022: Volunteer Victoria is pleased to launch the new report on Senior Volunteering During COVID. Funded by the Government of Canada New Horizons for Seniors Program this report explores the impact of the pandemic on older volunteers. The Impact of COVID and Pandemic Precautions on Senior Volunteers.
Feb 28, 2022: The Victoria Foundation generously funded the production of new volunteer management Tip Sheets. Click the links to download the tip sheets:
- Criminal Record Tip Sheet Volunteer Victoria 2022
- Equity Diversity and Inclusion Tip Sheet Volunteer Victoria 2022
- Interviewing Volunteers Tip Sheet Volunteer Victoria 2022
- Volunteer Appreciation and Recognition Tip Sheet Volunteer Victoria 2022
- Risk Management Tip Sheet Volunteer Victoria 2022
- Volunteer Program Design Tip Sheet Volunteer Victoria 2022
- Volunteer Evaluation and Performance Tip Sheet Volunteer Victoria 2022
- Volunteer Recruitment Tip Sheet Volunteer Victoria 2022
- Writing Volunteer Position Descriptions Tip Sheet Volunteer Victoria 2022
March 2021: Thanks to TELUS and the Government of Canada we have published a new 2021 Handbook for Youth Volunteers.
March 2021: The New Horizons for Seniors Program from the Government of Canada help us explore how COVID has impacted volunteers and volunteer-led organizations. Thanks to an amazing group of volunteers who interviewed 80 local organizations and surveyed 50 more we have current and local information. Learn more about the Health of Volunteering Report March 2021.
Funded by The Government of Canada New Horizons for Seniors Program and the Victoria Legacy Trust, the 2018 My Leadership Journey is a collection of learnings and stories gathered from more than 145 volunteers in Greater Victoria over the age of 55.
Funded by The Government of Canada New Horizons for Seniors Program, Vancouver Foundation, and the United Way of Greater Victoria, the 2017 Stage Based Volunteering Project explored the volunteering journeys of 495 volunteers between the ages of 60 and 97. A team of senior volunteers designed and led the project to learn more about the joys, expectations, challenges and changes that older volunteers experience and the ways we can support volunteers and strengthen volunteer programs.
Funded by Telus, the 2016 Youth Volunteer Roadmap project worked with youth to create new online-tools to help explain how youth can get involved in volunteering.
Funded by the United Way of Greater Victoria, the Youth Legacy Report 2015 explored motivations and barriers to volunteerism, and the ways that local youth connect with volunteer opportunities.
Volunteer Canada, Investors Group and Ipsos released a new report in April 2017 called “Recognizing Volunteering in 2017.” In this summary report Volunteer Canada revisits “the very definition of volunteering and how it is manifested in communities.”
The Government of Canada Spotlight on Canadians: Results from the General Social Survey — Volunteering and charitable giving in Canada provides a snapshot from the 2013 census.
- Administrators of Volunteer Resources BC
- Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement 2017
- Canadian Journal of Volunteer Resources Management
- Charity Tax Tools
- Charity Village
- Energize: Volunteer Management Site
- Imagine Canada
- HR Council for the Nonprofit Sector
- Leadership Victoria
- United Way of Greater Victoria
- Victoria Foundation
- Volunteer BC
- Volunteer Canada
- Work in Non Profits