The Management Assistance Program (MAP) connects local non-profit organizations to a community of volunteers who are executives and leaders with a wealth of talent, enthusiasm and expertise. Volunteers provide focused, high level and time-limited assistance to help organizations move forward with projects, planning, or complex decisions.
WHAT KIND OF PROJECTS DOES MAP ASSIST WITH?
Generally, MAP focuses on one-time advising services, short-term projects (4-6 weeks), or intermittent mentoring for longer term projects (up to 1 year in duration). Projects vary considerably depending on organizational needs. Project teams or individual volunteers work with organizations to ensure that projects build capacity and can be implemented with the resources that are available.
- Working with you and your board around board development
- Supporting you with a program review or assessing the viability of a service
- Working with you to create a strategic plan
- Reviewing existing systems and developing recommendations for upgrading
- Working with you to explore options for a social enterprise
HOW DOES MAP WORK?
Volunteers work collaboratively with your organization to confirm project scope and deliverables and then deliver the project as agreed. Their goal is to build capacity in your organization and ensure that projects can be implemented and maintained and are realistic given your unique situation.
WHAT DOES MAP NEED FROM YOU?
- Commitment to and understanding of the project by the Executive Director and Board
- Commitment to work with MAP volunteers and to provide them with the resources they need (time, information etc) to complete the project.
- A copy of your organization’s vision and mission, most recent annual report and financial statements (audited or not audited), and strategic plan (if available).
To submit MAP project request please complete the following:
Organization Name (required)
Primary Contact (will usually be the Executive Director)(required)
Type of organization (environmental, arts, social services, health etc.)(required)
Number of Employees
Description of Services
Name of Project
Expected Results of Project
Benefit to Organization (include learning and legacy aspects of the project)
Organizational resources available (staff capacity and other resources
Requirement of the Management Assistance Program Volunteers (please note any specific requirements that you may have of project volunteers)
Please note any anticipated changes that may impact your organization or this project (new board, staffing changes, funding shifts, changes to programs etc.)
Please tell us more about the level of organizational commitment and support for this project (board, staff, or volunteers)
#306-620 View Street
Victoria, BC V8W 1J6
Tel: (250) 386-2269
Fax: (250) 386-2279
Volunteer Victoria's bi-weekly E-Link Newsletter includes information about events, learning, and jobs in the local non-profit sector.
Powered by WordPress. Designed by