A donation to Volunteer Victoria has a big return on investment because:
Everyone in the Community Benefits when the Volunteer Community is Vital and Strong
Imagine our community without volunteers. Who would hold frail hands, offer support on crisis lines, bring joy through music and art, build nature trails, clear waterways, make history come alive, provide leadership on boards, share the wonder of science, build housing for those in need, respond to emergencies, teach kids to read and stay healthy…
Volunteer Victoria builds healthy communities enrcihed by volunteers – it’s our vision because our community depends on us.
These are just some of the ways Volunteer Victoria invests dollars:
- $25 means that new volunteers can meet with volunteer advisers to help explore volunteer options and find a meaningful position that works for them
- $75 ensures that a youth outreach coordinator can visit a school to teach youth how volunteering builds work skills that leads to employment. In 2012 Volunteer Victoria will work directly with more than 1400 local youth
- $150 provides free and low cost training and learning opportunities for a group of first time volunteers, newcomers to Canada, board members, and emerging professionals and leaders. As Oprah often says “We do better when we know better”
To view Volunteer Victoria’s financial history online visit Charity Focus and enter the Greater Victoria Volunteer Society in the Charity search.[/tab] [tab title=”Your Giving Options”]
Only you know when and how you want to make an in-kind or financial contribution and how much you wish to invest in volunteerism in your community. Volunteer Victoria makes it easy to donate and keeps you in charge.
Your one-time, monthly contribution, annual, in-memoriam, or legacy gift is greatly appreciated. You may make a donation:
- By cheque via mail to Volunteer Victoria, 306 – 620 View Street Victoria, BC V8W 1J6
- Over the Phone with a credit card at 250.386.2269
- Online through Canada Helps. This convenient online option provides you with 24/7 access to your giving history and tax receipts and reduces administrative costs.
We are always pleased to provide more information about the ways we can partner with community to raise awareness and funds, and recognise volunteers. For more information or assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250.386.2269.[/tab] [tab title=”About Legacy Gifts”]
Things You Can Do Today to Leave a Legacy to a Cause You Believe In
- Designate a donation to Volunteer Victoria through the United Way
- leave Volunteer Victoria a gift in your will. Your gift may be a specific dollar amount or a percentage of assets in your will. Consider using assets for your charitable gift. These include (but are not limited to) cash, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, term deposits, real estate, jewelry or insurance. Such gifts may provide you with tax savings.
- Name Volunteer Victoria as beneficiary of your RRSP, RRIF or pension, or name Volunteer Victoria as beneficiary of an existing life insurance policy
- Remember your loved ones with memorial gifts
Referrals to Qualified Financial or Estate Planners
- Canadian Association of Insurance & Financial Advisers (CAIFA) Ph: (604) 941-9657
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of BC Toll Free: 1-800-663-2677
This information is provided by Leave a Legacy, an initiative of the Canadian Association of Gift Planners.[/tab] [/tabs]