In January 2017 Volunteer Victoria launched the 150 Reasons Youth Project. This project is a series of 12 events and/or initiatives designed and planned by a steering committee comprised of youth between the ages of 15-29. This program is made possible by funding from the Victoria Foundation and the Community Foundations of Canada and the Township of Esquimalt and the City of Victoria.
The 150 Reasons Youth Project is intended to facilitate youth leadership and community engagement as we commemorate Canada’s 150th year. Each committee member will receive Volunteer Management and Career-related training to better prepare them for the projects they will be undertaking.
What are the requirements to join this project?
- Youth between the ages of 15-29
- Criminal Records Check
- Participating in the planning and delivery of at least 2 events throughout 2017
- Availability to meet on Saturdays (usually 10-12pm), every two weeks. This may change as we approach event dates.
What do youth get out of the experience?
- Volunteer management training
- Career related training
- Volunteer hours
- Leadership opportunities
- A very cool 150 Reasons T-Shirt (to keep and wear)
- Amazing memories of Canada’s 150th celebration
5 more events will be planned between August and December 2017. If you would like to get involved please contact George Colussi tel: 250 386 2269 ext. 28 or e-mail email@example.com
The 150 Reasons Youth Advisory Committee invites youth of all ages to join our Advisory Committee or to attend any of our events and activities. Our most recent events in June and July were:
- June 30th, we are pleased to host a dance at the Quadra Street Village Community Centre ; and
- July 1st, Canada Day, the youth team will be face painting on the Legislative Grounds to help celebrate Canada Day.
The Youth Advisory Committee is currently planning events from August to December 2017. For more information on the YAC or to attend any of our youth focused events please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I volunteer for this event?
Sign up ONLINE!